I teach three classes here at the High School:
- Biology: This course investigates the composition, diversity, complexity, and interconnectedness of life on Earth. Fundamental concepts of heredity and evolution provide a framework through inquiry-based instruction to explore the living world, the physical environment, and the interactions within and between them.
- Geology: Physical geology incorporates chemistry, physics, and environmental science and introduces students to key concepts, principles, and theories within geology. Investigations are used to understand and explain the behavior of nature in a variety of inquiry and design scenarios that incorporate scientific reasoning, analysis, communication skills, and real-world applications.
- Honors Physics: Physics elaborates on the study of the key concepts of motion, forces, and energy as they relate to increasingly complex systems and applications that will provide a foundation for further study in science and scientific literacy.
FURTHER SCHOOL INVOLVEMENT
I am a member of:
- Marlington Building Leadership Team (BLT): We focus on improving the schools through collaboration with its staff.
- Marlington Positive Behavioral Intervention Group (PBIS): We focus on using positive approaches to reinforce good behaviors and choices amongst our students by developing and using different intervention strategies.
- The Ohio Blended Collaborative (OBC): An online curriculum building consortium that creates class curricula for the use across the state by others with the main focus being on Universal Designed Learning (UDL).