AMENDED H.B. 197 NOTICE OF VIRTUAL SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
Marlington Local School District Board of Education – April 9, 2020, 7:00 p.m.
In accordance with H.B. 197, R.C. 121.22, R.C. 3313.16, and applicable laws; the Treasurer of the Marlington Local School District Board of Education (“Board”) hereby serves written notice that a virtual special meeting of the Board is called for April 9, 2020, 7:00 p.m., for the following purposes:
(1) to consider the employment/evaluation of the Superintendent,
(2) to consider the employment/evaluation of the Treasurer, and
(3) to consider a District Leadership Team Compact.
This virtual special meeting is both an “Essential Business and Operation” and “Essential Governmental Function” of the Board.
During the period of the emergency declared by Executive Order 2020-01D, the Board shall
(1) live-stream the meeting on the Marlington Technology Department Youtube channel, which is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiuxnry5ZS9alba13hdPzbA/;
(2) suspend public participation;
(3) strictly enforce social distancing guidelines; and
(4) no face-to-face attendance.
The Board may recess into executive sessions pursuant to R.C. 121.22. The Board may also take formal action in open session. A copy of the proposed agenda for this virtual special meeting of the Board is attached.
The Board is not considering terminating the employment contract of either Superintendent Joe Knoll or Treasurer Kath
Thursday, April 9, 2020