I hope you all have a good day off today! I am going to make this simple enough for everyone Kindergarten through 5th Grade. As you all know it is important to keep active even on days like today.. We are going to start off with some of the stretches we do in class:
1. While sitting down keep your feet together and touch your toes. Remember legs straight and count for 7 seconds.
2. Feet apart and touch the floor.
3. Butterfly Stretch. Push down with your elbows.
4. Stand up and do Big Arm Circles (Forwards and Backwards).
5. Arm Across the Chest
6. One Foot Keep Your Balance
7. Hurdler Stretch
8. 5 Sit ups: Put your feet under the edge of a couch to hold them down.
9. 5 Push ups: Make sure your back is straight and bend those arms.
10. 10 Jumping Jacks!!
Now look at a clock and time yourself running in place for 2 minutes. Stay in 1 place and don't run around the house.
If there is a lot of snow outside go out and shovel the walk or driveway. This will really get the heart rate going.
Have a good Day!!!!